Use this simple study guide to help you dig deeper into the weekend message with your family, your small group, or even act as a guide during your own personal quiet time with God. Grab your Bible or Bible App and a journal and write down what God puts on your heart!
- What is your all time favorite movie?
- Has a movies’ ending ever let you down?
- What’s your favorite movie theatre snack?
- During this message we asked this question: “When you are gone, what do you want people to say about you?”. Take a moment and share with the group what you hope to be known for.
- Honoring God with our lives takes a plan. We have to be intentional if we want to be known for our faith. What steps can you take to be intentional about honoring God?
- We all need motivation from others at times. How can you encourage others around you (or in your small group) to make decisions through the lease of “does this honor God?”.
Take prayer requests and pray that everyone in the group would be known as great leaders, great parents, great spouses, and people who had huge, audacious faith.
Write The Ending First
You didn’t choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name.
Where there is no prophetic vision the people cast off restraint, but blessed is he who keeps the law.
Reverse Engineer Someone Else’s Success
Proverbs 9:9 (NLT) — 9 Instruct the wise, and they will be even wiser. Teach the righteous, and they will learn even more.
Lay Out The Steps
Proverbs 16:9 (NLT) — 9 We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps.
Ask For Help
Matthew 7:8 (NLT) — 8 For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.
Prioritize Your Steps
Ecclesiastes 5:7 (NLT) — 7 Talk is cheap, like daydreams and other useless activities. Fear God instead.
Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NLT) — 4 Farmers who wait for perfect weather never plant. If they watch every cloud, they never harvest.
Never Give Up
Galatians 6:8–9 (NLT) — 8 Those who live only to satisfy their own sinful nature will harvest decay and death from that sinful nature. But those who live to please the Spirit will harvest everlasting life from the Spirit. 9 So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.