How can you make your Connect Group gathering engaging and interesting from the very first few minutes? How do you get people to start talking and feel comfortable right away? Try some low-key, open-ended questions and some fun games!
Icebreakers can sometimes feel forced or uncomfortable, but leaning into them can be a great way to help your group make memories and get to know each other. Start breaking the ice, killing the awkward silence, and getting to know the people in your group in a fun way by pulling out these questions and games next time you meet.
15 Icebreaker Questions
- Do you (or would you) like to travel? What is a place you’ve always wanted to visit?
- What language would you learn if you could learn one instantly? Why that one?
- If you were an animal, which one would you be and why?
- Do you prefer sweet or salty for a snack? What’s a favorite treat for you?
- How did you get your first job? What did you learn from it? (Or what is a job you would like to have in the future?)
- What is your favorite holiday and why?
- What is your favorite movie genre? What type of character would you want to play if you had to act in a movie?
- Who would you choose to play you in a movie about your life?
- What was a favorite way to spend your free time when you were a kid?
- Do you prefer texting, social media messaging, emails, phone calls, or talking face to face?
- What are some pet peeves you have?
- What was your favorite class in school?
- If you had to choose one meal to eat every day for the rest of your life, what would you choose and why?
- Did you have a pet growing up? What was it like?
- What’s the first thing you remember ever learning about Jesus? Where did you first hear about Him?